Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Veil of Isis Unveiled


She's been off the needles since August 3, but the only pictures I had did not do her justice. Today we changed that at long last. It's true, the size is not quite large enough and I am currently making another......because I just don't want to rip back the hours of error-free work in the border and do it over for this one. Crazy, I know!





Project Name: The Veil of Isis #1
Yarn used: 2/28 white 50/50 cashmere/cotton
Amount used: Just under 1000 yards / 64gr
Other materials? 22 gr clear, silver lined 8/0 beads
Total weight ~ 86 gr (3oz)
Yarn source: ColourMart
Needles: 2.5mm
Finishing method:
- Washed by hand (dish soap, shampoo, multiple rinses and conditioner)
- Run through the dryer on low after washing twice for shrinkage
- Wet Blocked for final dressing
Finished dimensions: 41" square
Pattern name/source: The Veil of Isis by Bad Cat Designs
Modifications: None
Other notes, including techniques used: Should have gone for the 6th repeat for that little bit extra but she's beautiful anyway. (Even if I do say so myself!)

No comments: