Friday, March 28, 2008

Progress......

Well a bit of an update......

Today was definitely a day where knitting was therapy. Good thing I have plenty of it, eh? At least I can make something and that usually helps in a variety of ways. It's productive, isn't it? Constructive? Something. Yarn I can usually manage to deal ok with....people? I guess it depends. But enough blah! on with the real stuff here :-).

Definitely not blah......I received an order in today's mail. One of THE most wonderful "presents" ever. I tried some yarns from Colourmart and this was actually a follow on order from them (after an initial "test" order). I can be awfully picky about customer service, yes, I know this. Call me crazy but I still expect it from companies I want to spend my money with :-). Colourmart exceeds every dreamed of expectation and boy do I mean exceeds. The yarn is fabulous, truly top of the line premium cashmere and silk, etc and yet at "seconds" prices. I can't even buy the unspun fiber for these prices - not premium stuff like this. And the customer service? Incomparable. Not good, well beyond great. How often these days do you get MORE than you pay for? (yes, I mean that VERY literally!) With friendly input from the owner of the business? With delivery from the UK to the states at my door in less time than it takes SOME businesses to even tell me they've shipped my order? From all I've learned so far, from reviews from others and now my own experience, this is very much the norm for this company. Refreshing, pure pleasure and yes, super smart business, as well. Because, yep, I can't WAIT to buy more from him :-).

But until then I shall be very grateful I finally DID order and thoroughly enjoy playing with the yarns I now have :-).

I've actually managed to take some project pictures although I haven't moved them to the computer yet so I'm not entirely sure how they came out. The lighting wasn't the best.....and the camera operator needs help :-). I've added a variety of links and am adding more as they occur to me. One point, if it's a business link for ordering whatever.....it's one I have bought from and been happy with.

I think when I add the pictures, just to start things off I'll add each of the projects with a blurb about it as it's own post. I've really liked being able to see/sort all the posts on a project on other people's blogs so I'll give it a whirl and we'll just see how it goes. And yes, I know the labels are what make that work but sometimes I've seen ones that pull up soooo much extra with the project updates it gets hard to find the actual project details. Projects are, after all, my primary focus here :-).

In the mean time, I've added progress bars on several of the things I'm currently working on. I could not honestly say that those are ALL the things I have in the unfinished/in progress pile (for those of you that know....try not laugh too hysterically, will ya, hey progress, remember?) but I've gotta start somewhere, right? And I actually AM moving these along a little more than most of the others in said pile. As of today, I've made it through row 92 on the Peacock Feathers Shawl. When I post the full details you'll understand more about why it still only says 10% completed :-). I also have made it through row 70 on my Faroese Shawl. I may well work on that one more tonight. Or maybe those socks? They, by rights, should have been done long since but.....stuff happens (Peacock Feathers?) and I have no particular deadline for those anyway.

Oh yes, an update on Sakari. My "little" girl turned 16 weeks today. As of Wednesday she weighed in at 42 lbs and counting. Pretty amazing. I think she'll keep growing like a bit of a weed here for another couple of weeks and then, perhaps, start to slow down just a bit. Good thing, eh? Feeding her might (big maybe) rival feeding my teenagers. She's pretty cuddly, too, when she's not chewing on Lump or Kaiya. Or playing in the mud, lol.

Anywho......just a bit of progress here and there. I'll count all I can ;-).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.