Saturday, November 8, 2008

Koolhaas Hat


The one and only entry for this one, most likely ;-). This was a quick knit, hehehe. No in progress pictures 'cuz I never thought to take any while it was in progress!

The pattern is from the Holiday 2007 Interweave Knits but that sold out very quickly, or so I understand. However, it is now available for sale as a separate pattern here.

I think this was the first time I can recall in my whole knitting life that I actually used the exact yarn recommended! Pretty nice stuff, actually. See details below. I even mostly followed the pattern, only compensating because either my row gauge was off or there was a bit of an error. It turned out exactly how I wanted it so I didn't bother to check which or fix it.

Project Name: Koolhaas Hat, Interweave Holiday Gifts 2007
Yarn used: Shokay Yarn Shambala (100% yak; 164 yd [150 m]/100 g): Navy,
Called for 1 skein, used a bit more than half I believe
Yarn source: Yarnmarket
Needles: 4mm (US6) & 5mm (US8)
Modifications: One less pattern repeat than pattern called for

No comments: