Thursday, March 26, 2009

March Startitis - Part Two


So you'd think that starting three new projects would be enough. Maybe. But March 14th was a Saturday. It was, in math terms, "Pi Day." Many of you will also be familiar with Elizabeth Zimmerman's application of "pi" in the creation of the "pi shawl" concept. There has been a specific "pi" shawl on my list to make for a year. It had to be done ;-). The Orkney Pi shawl by Elizabeth Lovick can be found at her Etsy store "Northern Lace." This began as a knit along in sections on the Yahoo EZasPi group. With a start date of February 29, 2008. Even having missed knitting with the group, how could I resist? The yarn is a 2/28 wool/cashmere blend from Colourmart in a lovely heathered light blue. And a good thing I love it because this will not be a short time on my needles.......

So I cast on and it, too, is in the works...... Section one shown above and Section two below.


Could there be more........?

No comments: