Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March......wow, how quickly it goes......


Well there were a few more Christmas things but it seems so silly to post them now that we are into March already! We shall see - there are a couple that have "follow ups" so I might add some tidbits even after today.

In the mean time.....well I have a few warm things to share just because. I made these for a friend. It was kind of selfish though. I made them for a variety of reasons and some were for ME so I'm not sure how much it actually counts as being nice. Even so, I do really hope he'll enjoy them and get some use from them.

There's not a lot to be said. They are hats and neckwarmers. Warm. Cozy. Soft. No particular patterns involved here, just what I cobbled together for each. The "fancy" is only in the materials, chosen for ease of care and color as much as anything. Cashmere is more washable than you might think ;-). Even the pictures are perhaps a bit fuzzy and not so great. I didn't have a model handy but hopefully you'll enjoy them all the same.

DK Cashwool in Galactica from Colourmart (of course!). I'm grateful to say it not only didn't felt when time pressures required a spin in the dryer to help it dry sooner, it actually got a teensy bit softer. It was pretty darn soft already, too......it's called "cashwool" for good reason. The neckwarmer at the top of the post is a match.


DK Cash Vero in Charcoal......from the wonderful LYS (Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins). These, too, survived a wee bit of tumble dry on low with nary a hint of trouble.




Cashmere in fingering weight and while very basic, I hope somewhat wind-proof considering.....
Colourmart again (surprised?). This one is actually a super nice fingering weight marl held with a very lightweight and stretchy blend of cashmere & a touch of lycra to help it hold it's shape (hopefully) for years to come. This was deliberately washed in the washer. Really. Dried in the dryer. On purpose. More than once even so it would shrink as much as it was going to and fluff up nicely (aka - bloom). Very soft. And since it's knit with umpteen stitches on size 2mm needles, I hope it's as wind-proof and cozy as I could make it without being entirely TOO warm.

Spring time's coming..........anyone else hearing the call from the garden? :-)

No comments: