Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I realize that our friends around the world do not (generally) celebrate Thanksgiving as we do here in the States, but perhaps you folks would enjoy taking a moment with me here and giving thanks all the same.....I'm thankful for YOU as well :-). Pull up a chair and have a piece of pie and some coffee with me......

I have plenty of updates to share but I shall save the majority for another time.....except to say that it's just more to be thankful for! I am very lucky to have all these fun projects to enjoy and share. I will mention the mittens pictured. They are the epitome of some things to be grateful for. I had the money to buy the yarn, a wonderful habit - er, hobby - that gives me the knowledge and ability (and sometimes even the time!) to knit it into something to keep my hands warm on a day filled with wonderful family, friends and food followed by the great fun of going to the Broncos game (yes, that's why these colors!) to enjoy more! I will do my best to cheer them out of the slump they've been in the last few games......


Now to carry on with the subject of being thankful (well c'mon, it IS Thanksgiving, ya know! - at least in the US).....I found this and while I'm very sorry not to know who authored it to be able to give proper credit (and thanks), it seems appropriate to share.......

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 70% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the one million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If your parents are still alive and still married, you are very rare. If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because although the majority can, most do not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer healing touch.

If you can read this message, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

I am blessed indeed. The majority of that list applies to me and on top of that.....here are just a few more of a long list of things I am thankful for today:

I am thankful to be blessed with a huge, loving family and many wonderful friends, near and far. I am particularly thankful for the time I’ve had with family recently departed, family who will depart all too soon and the new lives who will be joining our family before the year comes to a close.

My children, the two who have moved away (but not far) and the one who lights my day every day.

The opportunity to get to know all of you, learn from you and share some laughs and love of fiber-y fun in all it’s forms!

My health and the health of my fiber stash in all it’s forms

Laughter - always love the laughs

May you all have a very happy, safe Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're right - I love it! Hope you had fun last night...

Marie said...

These are perfect for an Auburn football game. Right colors!