Monday, November 2, 2009

Golden Eye - yup, it's FINISHED




Another beautiful design from the talented BadCatDesigns. Look how pretty this is, eh? I think I shall have to make another that stays home sometime soon. This one, however, is going to a new baby and hopefully will be well loved and used lots!

I used Bernat Baby yarn because it's very soft and easy care for a new mom and I could "kill" the acrylic. It delayed completion because I swear it squeaks when you knit it! It's an odd (and disturbing) thing to feel & sort of hear. I'm spoiled, it's true and thank goodness for it! :-)

Project Name: Summer Squares - Golden Eye
Yarn used: Bernat Baby
Amount used: ~1050 yards
Needles: US 4 / 3.5mm
Finished dimensions: ~42" square
Pattern designer: BadCatDesigns

2 comments:

Mary said...

I know exactly what you mean about "hearing/feeling the squeak' when you knit, but well worth it for that lucky mom and baby! Fabulous!

fleegle said...

It's lovely, and maybe the baby likes squeeking blankets :)